Vacancies in County Committee

A vacancy in the County Committee exists when a member moves away from the district, passes away or resigns his/her office. A signed and notarized letter of resignation from the County Committee member must be filed with the County Clerk. If the County Committee member is not available a signed and notarized letter will be accepted for filing from the Municipal Leader. A copy of the letter must be sent to the County Committee member who resigned. Find an example letter here.

The Municipal County Committee may appoint a member to the vacant County Committee seat. That member must accept the appointment by signing a Certificate of Acceptance. The Certificate of Acceptance must be filed with the County Clerk.